8 April

What's so special about it ?
Most of you won't find anything great.Even I was perplexed when today morning, one of my friends wished me belated Happy Anniversary.
Anniversary ... what ?

Yesterday was certainly not my birthday. And finishing the mid-term exams certainly does not qualify as an anniversary.

Seeing my bewilderment, he asked me what i was doing that day the last year.(This is typical of IIT where people give you clues but not let out the answer until u have exhausted all your brain-power. Use ur brains, buddy!). I guessed it, right. And many of you might have too, so i remain mum as of now.

Talking about yesterday, i had some great papers. On the other hand, i started this blog which reads My Life My Journey. Well a lot of things have happened in past few years and my life has moved through different roads with a number of turns and diversions.

Till 2006, i was in a school in Jaipur. It was a nice school and i was getting a good coaching for IIT-JEE at a reputed coaching-centre. Everything was going smoothly, when around March end, my father got transferred to Delhi. i had 2 options - either to stay in Jaipur and complete my XII or move to a totally new place with my family. i gave a lot of thought to it. some people advised, you would be spoiling your XII and JEE moving to a totally new place where you'll have to start everything from scratch. Others said, Delhi is a nice place to be in XII and the whole family would be able to stay together. i went for the latter not because i would not have been able to stay with my family or that my career prospects would have improved in Delhi, but just because my heart said i should go that way.

It was little difficult to get admission to a reputed school as the admission period was already over(i joined in mid-April) and they don't usually take a person in XII. but i managed to get admission to a nearby school, satisfactorily-good though not as reputed as likes of DPS, on basis of a good academic record. i joined FIITJEE for coaching of JEE. it took some time to get used to the school, classmates and Delhi as such. in FIITJEE there was not much of a problem, as i joined 1-year classroom program and all the students were new. life went on and came JEE.

Because of a series of tests, I was sort of prepared for it . my examination centre was Venkateshwara College, South Delhi. my heart was pounding hard. there was tension all around. the invigilator came and distributed the answer sheets on first bell and sealed question-papers on next. we filled the particulars and read instructions. questions of 3,4 and 6 marks.no numericals.but what was there inside, was still unknown. With the sound of another bell, we were asked to tear the seals. i opened the question paper, had a look at the questions and found it was perhaps a bit easy. i attempted the paper and thanked God for such an easy paper. i had lunch after the first paper and came out giving the second paper. As i reached home, i was sort of happy that the paper was good. after all, i had dreams of making it to top 100. in evening i went to FIITJEE centre where analysis of paper was going on. As i checked the solutions made by them, i was shaken. i realised i had just committed a blunder. i made a lot of very silly mistakes which costed me dearly. i just could not imagine what was going to happen next. My score was predicted to be 281/486. so many marks lost in silly mistakes and such a score in an all-time easy paper. in an exam where there are on an average of 30 people with same score, what rank should i expect? would i just lose all my hard-work and persevered effort of 2 long years? i was told that though i would make it to IIT, my rank would be somewhere around 1500. under 100 and 1500; what a contrast ! I wasted almost 4 days thinking over it and started preparing for AIEEE, though not so heartily. Other entrance exams came and went. Then the result came and i had got AIR 1520. though people were happy, i knew in my heart, i could not come up to the expectations of those who i really love.

i got Mechanical Engineering at Roorkee, that's the best it gets. And now when 1 semster is already over,i look back, i have passed an important phase of life.

Shifting to Delhi was certainly not a major factor behind my poor performance. It was lack of accuracy and my state of mind during exam which was responsible. I met a lot of people, made new friends in Delhi and at Roorkee, and i am happy about it. Perhaps my life would have been different had i taken some other decisions. but i do not have any grudge against my life. my life is what i made it.



Now u might have got why i was wished 'Happy Anniversary'. That day made a lot of difference in life of so many people, perhaps yours too.

But our life isn't over. After all life is a journey, travel it happily.

Comments

  1. aieee 2008 ,evening of 27 th april 2008,free exam evening keys and AIR estimator and final snapshots

    jee carnot
    by best fit iitians
    at www.jeecarnot.com
    the site which was fastest in India to display the solutions of iit jee 2008 at 11:30 p.m. 13 April and which has generated 1089 rank estimations with two complaints:)
    sincere regards,
    carnot team

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reservation : "I'm Lovin' it"

Lost in time

Welcome 2009